Wednesday 8 June 2011

30-Day Challenge: Day 7 and the round-up of the week

Well, I think I probably deserve an award of some kind for being (as far as I know) the only blogger to have gained weight since starting this challenge! That's right, ladies and gents, Sophie is half a pound up on last Wednesday's weight. Let's hear a round of applause for... what's that? We were supposed to be losing weight?? That's what this challenge is about?! Dash it all! Foiled again...

*sigh*

I'm thinking of extending this to make it a 40-day challenge, as I screwed up this first week so royally. I know it's a cop-out to blame it on things that have been going on at home; I guess I just didn't do well at balancing everything. A's presentation is tomorrow and then we can get back to some degree of normalcy, and a little more structure to the days. Thank you for your kind comments after my big panic/sulk yesterday. It's not a very endearing combination; thanks for responding so graciously..!

I started today feeling horrible. I'm super-tired from all the late nights working on A's project, plus my weekly weigh-in was a little disheartening. But later in the day I read this post by Cinnamon Brown and it put me in decidedly better spirits. Any of you who don't follow her blog, I'd strongly encourage you to go take a peek today - her optimism is contagious :)

Today's question:
Do your parents know you're trying to lose weight? Do they care?
They know that in general I struggle with my weight, and that sometimes the struggle gets sort of violent, but I don't live with them, so assume they don't know how I'm doing at the moment. When I was at home it was a big concern to them, but presumably after your child moves away you accept that you can't monitor everything they do and don't do.

On a different note, I came across an interesting picture online yesterday. I looked at it for a long time and was left with kind of a strange mixture of sad recognition and jealousy (just to clarify, the former in regard to feeling like I weigh more than a baby elephant, and the latter in regard to thoughts of "Good grief, who is that girl?! And how is she so teeny-tiny?!?") I thought some of you might relate to it:


Ok, today starts week 2. A fresh start, and a chance to try again. Here's to better success than last week, and for those of you who are doing really well, to continued success!

4 comments:

Jéanne said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out and the awesome comment, I really appreciate it. OMG, it's raining here, too. Pissing down since yesterday! I hope it helps the drought!

I bet you anything that extra weight is just your body adjusting to your new plan. Hang in there, Babe, it will be worth it! Love you. <3. XXX.

Camille said...

Half pound up? Eh, nothing compared to my FIVE POUNDS UP! AHHHH!! We deserve some sort of recognition in the medical world - we must be medical phenoms. 500 calories/day and yet we're gaining weight? Gah. I'm thinking it's water weight. lol

So, I'm all for the bones and such, but that chick is just a little too skinnily unhealthy looking. But I understand the metaphor... *too true smh*

Yes, today starts a new week and this week WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

Kat not Jas said...

Cheers! :)

We can do this!!!

Jéanne said...

Ah thanks, Soph! Yeah, we've a got a great bunch here on Blogger! I feel so lucky! Hope you're having a good day, Babe! <3. XXX.