Thursday 16 June 2011

30-Day Challenge: Day 15

I was glad I kept my intake pretty low during the day today, as A's mom texted me in the afternoon to ask if she could take me for dinner tonight. So that was really nice. I haven't had a chance to hang out with her very much; even though we all lived in the same house for 3 months after A and I were married, his parents travel a lot, so they were often away. Which was really nice in terms of he and I having time to ourselves, but means I didn't get to know his parents as well as I might have otherwise. So it was fun to spend some time with her tonight. It did put my intake up a little, and then I fell into the "oh screw it, I've already ruined today, why not have a massive bowl of full-fat ice cream instead of the small bowl of low-fat I was planning?" trap.
  • Breakfast: 1/2 cup peas, 3 wedges melon (40+75 = 115)
  • Mid-morning: Apple (80)
  • Lunch: 1 cup green beans (35)
  • Mid-afternoon: slim-a-soup (40)
  • Dinner: (surprise pub meal with A's mom) 6 oz lean steak, 1/2 cup peas, 1 grilled tomato, 1 grilled mushroom, 5 french fries (320+40+20+5+100 = 485) 
  • Evening: Maltesers hot chocolate (100)
  • Ice cream Wednesday! 2 scoops chocolate ice cream (200)
Total: 1055
So pissed off to have gone over :(
And...
Exercise: nil :( But, I spent my lunch break when I'd planned to go for a run taking that black dress to the tailor to put a lining in. A pointed out that when the light's behind you it's just a little too see-through to be classy. So it wasn't a completely wasted time.

Today's question:
Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so, has this helped you lose weight? If not, would you ever consider turning vegan or vegetarian?
I'm afraid I'm a carnivore through and through! A and I are trying to eat less meat, but for purely financial reasons. In the summer (that is, when it's warm. I live in the UK - despite being halfway through June right now it's about 15 celcius and raining every other day. Boo.) I feel like I could live on fruits and salad, but come winter (that is, approximately 11.5 months of the year) I want my meat!

Ok, sorry for the super-short post (or maybe that's a welcome relief to you regular readers haha) - it's been a pretty boring day!

I'll leave you with some pictures...




2 comments:

Jéanne said...

Despite your disappointment, you still did really well, calorie wise. Good dinner choice, too. I'm proud of you!

Lovely thinspo, Soph! Love you. <3. XXX.

Ash O'Brien said...

It's always scary to go into the four digit calorie count at the end of the day but in reality it's still generally pretty good considering the mass majority of people eat 2000+ a day. I'm glad you didn't let your calorie count fetish ruin a great time with A's mom. I'm sending you love and wishing you well. I hope the sun starts shining where you are!