Oops, I accidentally answered today's challenge question this morning so I'll head straight onto...
...today's intake. I'm just googling these caloric values then rounding up - don't take them as gospel truth!
- Breakfast - 1 apple (80), Options hot chocolate (40)
- Morning snack - Weight Watchers fromage frais (50) - these are amazing; so creamy...
- Lunch - 150g sugar snap peas (50), 100g blueberries (60)
- Afternoon snack - 100g cherry tomatoes (70)
- Dinner - 1 cup homemade vegetarian chili (300?), 1 Tbsp yogurt (10), 1 scoop Walls light ice cream (60) (The box says 60 calories per 2 scoops but that just doesn't ring true...) And hey now, don't judge; Wednesday is ice-cream day in our house - it's sacred :)
Exercise: 20 minutes running, 40 situps
I feel like this is a fine start to the challenge. I know, I know, my idea of 'exercise' is kind of lame, but I've been a total whuss lately and need to get back into it. Give me these 30 days and I'll be killing it ;)
With regard to food, I know I'm really low on protein. A and I are buying very little meat these days as it's so expensive, but I'm a habitual carnivore so having a bit of a mental block about vegetarian protein sources. We do eat quite a lot of legumes - particularly kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils - and eggs... but that's about where my imagination runs out! I'd be very grateful for any other suggestions from some of you creative cooks :)
Not able to comment tonight as I'm doing some research for A. One week til his final presentation, then he's done with his course! It's been seven years coming - crazy times... Cue lots of pressure on him, so I'm helping as much as I can. I'll take more time to comment tomorrow, but as promised, here are today's pictures in the meantime: