Tuesday 22 February 2011

Tripped by stitches ice cream, (you'll) come undone...

I went for dinner with one of my best friends last night. At my suggestion, we had Thai; I know it's not a very shrinking-friendly option, but if you do a little research in advance it doesn't have to be totally sabotageury (yes, I did just make that word up). I ate about 1 1/2 cups stir-fry beef and vegetables, and maybe 2 tablespoons of steamed rice. So far, so good. Then my friend spotted deep fried ice-cream on the dessert menu... she's one of those girls who eats what she wants. So she's big, but for the most part she doesn't really care. I was doomed. Ice cream is my waist's biggest nemesis. Now, before you freak out, no, I didn't order a deep fried ice cream. But I did order a normal one. *sigh*

I woke up this morning at about 5, immediately remembered what I'd done and had a big freak-out about it. I've had the flu the last couple days so have been really groggy and unproductive, and immensely frustrated by that fact. I raced around the house, exhausted but wired, loud and overwhelmed by the need to accomplish something, woke A up, told him I was walking to work, that I needed to leave right now and could he pick me up in the evening. We tussled briefly over this, I shouted at him, not because he'd done anything wrong. He knew he hadn't, so he sighed, persuaded me to come back to bed, and I slept until 11.

My friend - I hadn't seen her for a couple months - said to me last night "Soph... have you lost weight?"
"Yes No! Haha, I wish."
"Really? You look more, uh... in-and-out. Y'know? 'Hourglass'..."
"Urgh sexual organs. Lose them. Oh, ha! No. It's just good underwear *wink*"

No comments: